In his letter to the University of Notre Dame community on Jan. 20 regarding the Columbus murals in the Main Building, University President Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., indicated that he would form a committee to deliberate and advise on the display of the mural images in the appropriate context, as well as on related issues, in accord with the framework set out in his letter.
He announced Thursday (Feb. 14) the formation of the committee, whose members are listed below.
Recommendations and comments relevant to the committee’s work may be sent to email@example.com, and they will be passed on to the committee.
Theodore J. Cachey Jr., professor of Italian and Albert J. and Helen M. Ravarino Family Director of Italian and Dante Studies (chair)
- Ann M. Firth, vice president and chief of staff to the president (vice chair)
- Joseph Antenucci Becherer, director of the Snite Museum of Art
- Elaine DeBassige, rector of Farley Hall
- Julie Boynton, director of interior architecture for facilities design and operations
- Richard W. Garnett, Paul J. Schierl/Fort Howard Corporation Professor of Law
- Patrick Griffin, Madden-Hennebry Family Professor of Irish-American Studies and director of the Keough-Naughton Institute for Irish Studies
- Douglas K. Marsh, vice president for facilities design and operations and University Architect
- Marisel Moreno, Rev. John A. O’Brien Associate Professor of Romance Languages and Literatures
- Yvette Pino, undergraduate student
- James Ryan, undergraduate student and Grand Knight of the Knights of Columbus, Notre Dame Council
- Michael Schreffler, associate professor of art history
- Maria Tomasula, Michael P. Grace Professor of Art
Originally published by news.nd.edu on February 14, 2019.at